At Rooks and Roses, the environment has always been important to us. From the start, we wanted to create a business that is as eco-friendly and ethical as possible, and for our customers to be able to shop consciously.
What we do now:
- Every item of jewellery you buy is handmade by the person either standing in front of you at a market or festival, or at the other end of the phone / email. Nothing you see has been imported and all the materials we work with are responsibly sourced within the UK.
- We create minimum carbon footprint as nothing has to travel very far.
- All our packaging is made from 100% recycled materials and is 100% recyclable
- Where possible, we package items into as few parcels as possible
- We work using ethically sourced products and raw materials
- We use a scrap metal recycling service for all our ‘bench scraps’ or unused pieces of metal, which follows The Gold Standard for precious metal recycling
- Our jewellery-making process is zero-waste and all items are made from recycled, or reused / upcycled materials. One of our favourite things to do is make new from old.
What we’re doing in 2022:
In 2022, we’re doing even more.
- From 2022 all our gold and silver is now made from 100% recycled precious metals, which is equal in quality to unrecycled precious metals
- We’re planting a forest! In 2022, we’re aiming to become carbon neutral and give back to the planet we all take so much from. So we’ve started planting the Rooks & Roses forest and for every item of jewellery purchased on our website, we’re going to plant one more tree!
Both a gift to you and to our lovely planet, planting trees protects biodiversity, helps to limit global climate change and creates jobs! What’s not to love?