Brand new for 2022, we now offer a full day (bookings available weekdays, Mondays to Fridays, 10am – 5pm) one to one workshop session with Karl in his studio at the Sculpture Lounge in Holmbridge, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire.
Your day can be tailored to your specific needs and requirements, so this workshop will suit you if you’re any of the following:
- I’m completely new to jewellery-making and would like a full introduction to the basic tools and methods
- I’ve dabbled in the past and would like to refresh my skills and memory
- I’m already pretty adept at making jewellery but would like to extend my knowledge, gain advice, learn hints and tips, and have full use of your tools and workshop for the day
In his fully equipped studio, Karl can guide you through the process of how to cut, file, shape and solder copper and silver, in order to create your own special piece (or pieces) of jewellery. You’ll be encouraged to think about the way different materials work and how various methods such as heating, hammering and texturing, can assist in creating unique pieces. You can work from your own design ideas or a number of possible examples. Karl will work closely with you with to create your vision within the parameters of the time and materials available. Together you will examine the designs, and explore the methods required to turn your design into a reality.
Ultimately, the aim of the day is whatever you want it to be (within reason of course; we can’t promise you’ll leave the next Faberge or Winston! But we’ll do our best!). Upon booking, drop us an email with some ideas of what you’d like to get out of the day, and we’ll let you know how we can help.
You can book as many days as you like or just the one! We don’t mind.
- The minimum age of participants is 18.
- A set amount of materials are included in the price, however if your design requires more, this can be purchased on the day.
- The course will run each day between 10am and 5pm with a one hour break at 1pm.
- All tools required will be provided, however if you do have any personal tools that you would prefer to use, you are more than welcome to bring them along.
- Light refreshments will be provided throughout the day but students are advised to bring a packed lunch.
- The courses will take place throughout the year at Karl’s workshop which is located at;
If you have any questions regarding Karl’s workshops or wish to enquire about a mutually convenient date to book, please do not hesitate to contact us.